JACK AND THE BEANSTALK – ST IVES THEATRE
Written by Alan P Frayn
Greetings once more – what a pleasant surprise,
Is it that time of year again? Cor, how time flies!
Down in the village of Old Windy Bottom, a huge black cloud has appeared in the skies above, much to the annoyance of good Fairy Sugardust. And now the children have started to disappear, spreading fear amongst the villagers, whilst Piccalilli, the Wicked Witch, seems to be in her element. She gloats …
“Once happiness reigned here – that made me defiant,
So I cast me a spell which created the Giant.
His name’s Buster Gut-Bucket – bad as they come,
For when he is cross, he shouts Fee fi fo fum!”
And so, the scene is set for our story of adventure, romance and heroism. For shortly, as you will see, Simple Simon is tricked by a pedlar, the Princess is abducted by the Giant and Jack, the son of Dame Dotty Dimple, heads for the skies in an attempt to rescue his sweetheart.
Will Jack reach the Princess? Will the Giant set her free?
We can tell you no more – just sit back, wait and see …
Alan P Frayn
Ticket prices for all shows
Stalls: Adults £11.00
Children (14 and under) £8.00
Family stalls (2 adults and 2 children) £38.00
Balcony: All seats £12.50
Family balcony (2 adults and 2 children) £48.00
Groups: buy 10 tickets, get the 11th ticket free
Terms and Conditions
- Tickets purchased online will be sent as an e-ticket via email within the next working day.
- Email email@example.com or phone 01736 797007, quoting your booking reference, if you require online tickets to be printed for you and held at the box office.
- Tickets purchased by phone will be held at the box office for collection.
- No reservations are permitted.
- A booking fee of £1 is chargeable on all credit/debit card transactions.
- We regret that we cannot refund money for tickets purchased, unless the performance is completely sold out and the tickets can be resold.
- Tickets can only be exchanged up to 24 hours before the performance to which they relate.